Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Job as Dad

I appreciate the guest post, Jewel Rodgers

My job as the dad, in my opinion, is to teach my kids the things they need to know to be successful as adults. There are a lot of components to that like making sure they know how to treat other people, be kind to their families and keep themselves safe and I try as hard as I can to ensure I’m doing a good job imparting that kind of information. I talk to my sons about homeSecurityFamilyfor their houses and tell my daughters what it means to be a good wife- it’s just sort of a tightrope, though, and I don’t want to get too involved or overstep my bounds since all of my kids are now adults and can do a lot of things without my help. I know they’ll come to me if they ever have questions about anything and that’s comforting – I’m glad they trust me enough to know they can talk to me if they ever have questions about something. I love being the knowledgeable dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment