Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Children's Favorite Animated Christmas Special

                                 Guest post written by my buddy Keith Kramer



Ever since my children were young, I have always played all of the Christmas specials that are on each year. We sit and watch them on our direct tv and enjoy them very much. My children debate each year over which of the animated shows they like best. John and Susie love to watch Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer while Becky and Jimmy love A Charlie Brown Christmas. They all enjoy both of them, but, they do seem to have favorites.



Secretly, I enjoy watching A Charlie Brown Christmas myself. This show has been seen by millions of people each year for over thirty years. This is just one of the many Christmas classic animated shows. The old shows seem to be the most loved I guess because of the nostalgia they make us all feel. It reminds us all of the days when we were young and the Christmas' we spent with our families as children.



My sister and I used to have the same debates that I hear my children having each year over these shows. Her favorite was always Frosty the Snowman and mine, as it is today, was always A Charlie Brown Christmas. I guess things never change. I asked my sister recently if her children debated their favorites each year and she said that they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment